Here’s a growing collection of information and tips by and for members of Greenbelt’s 1,600-member housing co-op Greenbelt Homes Inc (GHI). This content has passed muster with the Greenbelt Online Editorial Committee but has not been approved by GHI staff or Board of Directors. We welcome their additions and corrections – especially corrections, because to be most helpful, the information here needs to be accurate.
Members are invited to contribute photos and tips and to suggest topics they’d like covered here by emailing email@example.com).
- Screened-in Porches – images of screened-in porches seen around GHI.
- Small-House Solutions – photos and details from members of their storage and space-saving problems.
- Bold Colors for Small Rooms – photos and details from 15 GHI homes. Not a white wall in the bunch.
- Masony Kitchen Renovations.– photos, and tips by winners of the Architecture Review Committee’s Kitchen Renovation Contest – a great resource on GHI’s website.
- Frame Kitchen Renovations – more photos, and tips by winners of the Architecture Review Committee’s Kitchen Renovation Contest. On GHI’s website.
- Bathroom Renovations – photos and tips by winners of the Architecture Review Committee’s Bathroom Renovation Contest..On GHI’s website.
- Variety of GHI home styles and plans, plus their architecturally significant features. Thanks to help from Isabelle Gournay, Stephen Oetken and Aaron Marcavitch,
- Photos of additions for each home type.
- Building an addition – the step-by-step approval process.
Garden Make-Overs and More
- Greenbelt’s “Less Lawn” Garden Tour in 2013 featured mostly GHI gardens.
- Make-Over of the GHI Office Garden, with Plant Ideas
- Man-Made Screening Solutions
- Common-Space Make-Over at 5 Court Ridge.
- How to Turn a Yard into a Garden
- No-Cost Make-Over on Ridge Road
- Landscaping Choices in 1930: Formal or Naturalistic
- Help Green GHI’s Common Areas
- Townhouse Garden Ideas
- Shrubs for Shade
- Perennials for Shade
- Year-Round Ground Covers for Shade
- Plants for Screening
Help for Gardeners
- Swap Meet or Major Give-Away? describes the plant “swaps” held at the GHI offices each spring and fall.
- Lessons from a Plant Swap because there’s more to say about these fun and useful happenings.
- Help for Gardeners from Greenbelt Public Works.
- Join the Unofficial GHI Facebook Group on Facebook for tips and discussion of topics related solely to GHI homes, yards, and GHI itself. To find recommendations, click on the group name, then put “contractor,” “plumber” or whatever in the “Search this group” box.
- Super-Easy Neighborhood Parties covers a potluck dinner at 5 Court Ridge.