Click here and subscribe to receive these e-newsletters directly via Mailchimp.
Greetings from Greenbelt’s New Deal Cafe
To members and fans of the New Deal, welcome to your first e-newsletter! With new management and kitchen teams in place, we’re coming up for air and launching regular updates – because there’s LOTS going on.
Alert! The Café Needs your Help NOW to Stay Open
Bottom line, the Café is in danger of closing within weeks when its financial reserves are depleted. Customers are returning after the rocky start under new kitchen management, but not quickly enough, and the Café is still operating at a loss.
The good news is that reviews are increasingly positive, thanks to these recent improvements:
- Coffee!! From the best local roasters we could find – Vigilante Coffee, in Hyattsville. We open at 7 a.m. Tues-Fri and 8 a.m. Sat-Sun.
- Morning hours – with pastries, whole fruit and bagels with cream cheese, including a vegan cream cheese.
- All-day Happy Hour (11am-7pm Tues – Fri).
- On Mother’s Day, our first Buffet Brunch, a big success.
- Karaoke nights.
- Breakfast sandwiches and Monday morning hours.
- Table service.
- Pourover coffee, French Press decaf, and Espresso.
- Loose tea, and a variety of other types of teas.
- On June 4, our first-ever Cabaret Drag Show.
It’s all so exciting, but time is running out for people to discover the new New Deal, so please help NOW.
How You Can Help
- Come! Come for dinner, especially Tuesday-Thursday. Come for coffee and pastries in the morning. Most of all, come for LUNCH!
- Schedule your next meeting at the Café (especially at lunch). Large groups are welcome to call ahead (301/474-5642) or use our website to reserve seating.
- Share your love for the Café on Facebook and other social media. Use #WhyILoveTheNewDealCafe with a photo at the Cafe. Selfie shot with the Cafe sign optional.
- Come for the outstanding assortment of events – music, poetry, games, films and much more – and bring your friends.
We cannot exist without your support. Please forward this on to friends and see you soon! THANK YOU!
One last thing. Just imagine how Roosevelt Center would be transformed if the Cafe site were occupied by – quite plausibly – a Dollar Store or similar retail. Or if it were left vacant for years like the Curves location. What a loss to the community!
Learn More at the May 21 Yearly Membership Meeting
Join us at the Cafe from 1 to 3 pm. Here’s the agenda.
To become a member of the New Deal Cafe co-op, just click here.