Greenbelt, Maryland is one of the liveliest and most livable small towns in the U.S. It was established in 1937, one of three planned New Deal towns that were created with the purpose of providing employment and affordable housing during the Great Depression, while utilizing new and exciting ideas in town planning. Greenbelt is located just outside of Washington, D.C. in Prince George's County, Maryland.
Latest on the Greenbelt Blog
Subscribe to Youtube
Support a Coffee Shop at the New Deal Cafe
Greenbelt Minute: Turner Talks A Lot, Then Listens.
Greenbelt's Community Website Needs Your Help!
- Write stories for the Greenbelt Blog.
- Contribute photos to the Gallery.
- Help selecting photos for the Gallery.
- Create Greenbelt-related videos for this site and our YouTube Channel.
- Help select videos for this site and our YouTube Channel.
- Contribute your ideas for making the site even better and promoting it to the public, locally and beyond.